Rules of Play for BIG 50/50 Electronic Raffle
to be drawn @ BikeFest CK at Duke’s Harley Davidson on August 17th, 2019
- The lottery will take place during the Summer of 2019 from May 15, 2019 till August 17, 2019. Tickets will be sold online and in person by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham-Kent volunteers using hand-held devices.
- All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Tickets are 10 numbers for $10.00 and 60 numbers for $20.00 and 200 numbers for $50.00.
- Tickets will be available at community festivals/events held throughout Chatham-Kent and at partnering businesses. See attached tentative schedule.
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend FS. Online sales portal is big5050raffle.ca and tickets can be purchased there.
- After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw for that game.
- The amount of the current 50/50 prize will be on the sellers’ tablets as well as on the website where online tickets are purchased big5050raffle.ca. Ticket purchasers can also monitor the status of the raffle at facebook.com/big5050raffle.
- The winning number will be announced over the public announce system on site as well as the sellers’ tablets, online at big5050raffle.ca and facebook.com/big5050raffle.
- If the patron with the winning number on their ticket is at the event where the number has been drawn, they may then come to main stage or a site kiosk to be directed where to go.
- If the winner is not in attendance at the game, or does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham-Kent at (519) 351-1582 x200 or by email at: email@example.com
- The ticket may then be brought to 137 Queen St Chatham ON N7M 2G7 at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will need to produce 2 pieces of photo ID and then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. The prize payment will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchase for. (i.e. February 17, 2020)
- The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that game. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- If no winner comes forward, the number will be announced repeatedly over the PA system, and continually posted on https://big5050raffle.ca/, https://www.facebook.com/bbbsck/, and facebook.com/big5050raffle.
- At subsequent events, the number will be posted at each selling station.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will be kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed, the prize will be donated to a charity other than Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham-Kent, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draw: Any and all current staff members of Ascend FS, staff of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chatham-Kent and their immediate family members.
- Volunteer sellers can win but cannot purchase a ticket on the same shift they are volunteering.
- The above set of Rules of Play will be posted at each event.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505)